Sunday, May 6, 2012

Teaching Globalization with Technology

It seems like technology is everywhere these days.  My students have technology in abundance in the form of their iPods, iPhones, Android phones, smart phones, and portable game players.  So why not take advantage of the technology students have in their possession?

Seeing that roughly half my class has access to a smart device of some form I decided to have students explore the concept of globalization by taking advantage of the technology in their pockets.  In my Journey of an iPhone lesson, I am challenging my students to use their internet capable phones to use google maps to help them track the process of how an iPhone is produced.  Using iPhones to learn how an iPhone is manufactured is a great way to keep students engaged and create a tangible connection to their learning.  

Please feel free to check the lesson plan and accompanying resources below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment