Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Importance of a Classroom Website

As a new teacher, one thing I struggled with was dealing with absent students.  It is especially difficult for me because I tend to facilitate all my lessons through digital presentations like Prezi or Power Point.  To help keep my students up to date, I decided to create a class website through Weebly to give my students access to course materials.  I found that creating a website allowed my absent students to complete assignments without the need to come in after class.  I would simply take a moment after class to talk to my absent students, walk them through my website and give them step by step instructions on how to complete each assignment.

Also, I am using my website to house my America Through the Decades project for my U.S. History students. On the site my students are able to see what the project is and view an example of a final project.

I understand that the website may be missing some important details, but feel free to explore my site at mrpayadsclassroom.weebly.com and tell me what you think.  Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment